Saturday, May 25, 2013

Batting Ninth on the Podcast

Hello readers,

So yeah, this picture happened. This is a screenshot of one of the new videos that we play at the Dragons, whenever the home team hits a home run. I'm the ninth batter of the visiting "Peoria" lineup. The lineup consists of control room workers, from the P.A. Announcer to the Video Switcher. We even got to play this video the same night it was imported. The Dayton Dragons won that game 7-6 over the West Michigan Whitecaps.

In other news, I recently bought myself an early birthday gift. I bought a Blue Snowball USB Microphone with a pop filter. I've been reading some online reviews of the Snowball, and I decided to finally purchase one. I figure with the opportunities coming up, I might as well boot up a podcast.

My plan of this podcast it to make it all about the Miami Valley sports scene. From high school to professional sports, I want to cover Dayton well. We have some great high school athletics here, as well as exceptional college teams in NCAA Divisions I-III and NAIA, and great pro teams to root for. My plan is to have it weekly, probably for just an hour. The name (as well as how I'm going to host/broadcast it) is still up in the air.

So there you have it. I'm batting ninth and I'm planning a podcast with an early birthday gift (to myself.) Looking forward to getting the ball rolling!

Until next time,
-Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment